For ring size guidelines and ring preservation, please select the topic to read more.
Suggestions for Ring preservation
Our jewellery is designed to be worn and loved. These simple tips will help keep your Beaudell Designs piece at its very best.
This item is made with solid and top quality materials; therefore, you can enjoy the wear of the piece without concerns. However, some care measures should always be taken to prolong the life of your jewellery, especially when your ring has numerous pave set stones or plated white gold. Here are a few Do’s and Don’ts.
- The best way to clean your ring is to make a solution with hot water and a few drops of dishwashing soap. Soak your ring for about 20 minutes, gently brush the ring with a very soft toothbrush, and then rinse under warm running water. If needed, repeat. Wipe gently with a lint free cloth. Do this at least once a week to maintain that sparkle.
- When traveling, separate your jewellery in their own pouch to avoid unnecessary scratches.
- Refraining from wearing while doing any intense activities or vigorous sport. Remember to include moving in that list, as one forgets how heavy that small item is that should just shift to right a bit. : )
- Don’t wear when exposed to chemicals (i.e cleaning, gardening and painting)
- Remove when applying hand or body lotion.
- Chlorine can elevated the oxidation process in metals such as Damascus steel, silver and lower grade gold such as 9ct gold, so try remove when jacuzziing or swimming in pools with high levels of chlorine.
We hope you enjoy every moment of your piece and remember that jewellery should be past on from one generation to the next. So start your collections of timeless memorabilia’s.
How to measure your ring size
The best and most accurate way to get your finger size is to pop by any jewellery shop that can measure it with a ring sizer kit (you can drop by Beaudell’s studio for us to take your ring size)– But, however we get that this can delay the shopping process so here are some other options you could try at home.
TO MEASURE AT HOME
If you have a ring with the correct size.
- Make sure your ring with the perfect fit is completely round, with no oval or square shapes. This can happen when it is dropped, or when picking up something heavy or just over time losing its shape.
- Put the ring lying down on a ruler or take a Vernier, measuring the inside diameter and take a picture, or convert the size into a UK ring size.
If you don’t have a current ring with the correct size
- Take a piece of stiff cardboard, plastic (something like a laminated paper plastic or a flip file) or thick wire made into the width of the new ring and wrap it around the finger.
- String is too flimsy so avoid using it as the takes the shape of your finger.
- Mark the exact spot where the ends join
- With a ruler, measure the length from end to end.
- After you have measured the length, tape it together and put it on the finger.
- Don’t push or squeeze it to get it onto the finger. You won’t be able to this with a real ring.
- Make sure it fits over the knuckle.
- Use the standard chart below to find the correct size.
Did the above methods help? You’re now ready to check sizing and order your Beaudell Jewellery treasure.
Note: We use the UK ring size so when placing an order please convert and provide us with the correct format to avoid the wrong ring size.
Silver pendant chains: 42cm, 45cm, 50cm, and 60cm.
Gold pendant chains: 45cm and 50cm.