As we welcome a new month, we say hello to a new precious gem!
Emerald is May’s birthstone of the month, a rich green gem that radiates a beautiful vivid tone.
An Emerald forms part of the precious stone family. Made up of, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire and of course Emerald.
Depending on the inclusions of the stone, your Emerald could be one of the strongest or weakest. A strong stone (with little inclusions) is often seen as more valuable as the stronger the stone, the longevity of the stone is higher. Although, some people tend to prefer the inclusions as they are seen as a unique “fingerprint” that only your stone will have.
A few interesting facts about an Emerald.
- A 1-carat emerald appears larger than a 1-carat diamond because emeralds have a lower density.
- The oldest emeralds are about 2.97 billion years old.
- Celebs like Victoria Beckham, Halle Berry and Jacqueline Kennedy are just a few that have chosen an Emerald over a diamond as an engagement ring.
- An Emerald is the traditional gift for a 55th wedding anniversary.
- An Emerald is considered to be a symbol of rebirth and love. (Can you say IDEAL birthday present!)
So ladies, there you have it! A quick run down on Emeralds - a stunning alternative to a diamond engagement ring or a lovely present for those born in May.
The Beaudell Ladies